Pet Store Guides!

Hi guys!!! Today, I’m going to write a quick guide about how you should shop responsibly at a pet store!

Most people go to a pet store, get the stuff they need, and leave. But it can get a little more complicated than that. I use the five step rule to determine if this pet store is right for me.

1. The first thing I do before I shop at a pet store is to research about it. I want to make sure that this pet store sells pets from reputable breeders and buys toys from reputable companies. Supporting pet stores that support puppy mills and backyard breeders isn’t great, so I try to make sure I don’t. Also read reviews. Those can tell you a lot.
  2. When you go to the pet store in person, check if it’s clean, ethical, and responsible. If the staff seem irresponsible then it’s best to walk away. Even if this is the only pet store near you, you really want to make sure you are helping the right people. IF the pet store seems to be abusing it’s animals in any way, please don’t buy there. Every animal deserves to have a good home, but supporting puppy mills will only make more of these puppies who need homes.
  3. Know what you’re buying. Have a checklist of vet approved food and toys for your dog. If a staff recommends a different food than what your vet recommended, check with your vet first.
  4. Verify ingredients, or material for each toy or food brand. Some brands may be tailored to a different breed or dog size.
  5. Give a review. I say this because your experience can let others know if a pet store is a good place to shop or not. Don’t fake the reviews, be honest about it. I know this because reading reviews saved me from buying from the wrong pet shop many times.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post!

2 thoughts on “Pet Store Guides!