Saint Bernard’s!

Alright, I’m taking a break from terriers to do one of my personal favorites, the saint Bernard!

The Saint Bernard is a large friendly dog that loves the snow! They aren’t very active, but still need daily walks and playtime in a yard or park. These dogs are very friendly and love to “nanny” children around! They are okay with other dogs but requires supervision from their handlers.

The Saint Bernard is a big dog. And I’m not kidding. These dogs weigh from 120 pounds to 130 pounds. That’s quite large for a dog!

Saints shed seasonally and need to be groomed weekly. They’re easy to train and love to be cuddled.

The Saint Bernard barks only when necessary. They live about 8-10 years.

So a quick history on Saint Bernard’s. Saints were used as avalanche dogs to help save people from avalanches. They lived with monks who lived in mountain ranges and passes with many avalanches. Usually, a monastery (a place where monks live) would be built near the passes where there were more travelers so they could provide shelter and food. Bernard’s were trained to lick frost bitten people to warm them up and stay with them until help arrived. Thanks to these friendly giants, many lives were saved.

If you want to get your own saint Bernard, check out this link:

Saint Bernard Puppies For Sale – AKC PuppyFinder

Hope you guys liked this post!

One thought on “Saint Bernard’s!