The Puppy Owner Set Up

Hi all! This post is about how to set up your house for a new puppy, what stuff you need for a puppy and more!

Before getting a puppy, you want to research about how big your puppy will be. This is so you can buy the right size dog crate, play pen, and toys for your new puppy.

The basic things you’ll need are:

1. Movable Playpen
  2. Dog Crate/pet carrier
  3. Dog Bed
  4. Pee pad, or Grass pad
  5. Dog Bowls
  6. Chew Toys
  7. Grooming Supplies (Comb, nail clipper, dog shampoo etc.)
  8. Dog food (Puppy formulated if you have a puppy)
  9. Leash and Collar

So this is really all you need. I’ve done some research, and I think the best place to buy these items is Chewy.com, and Amazon.

I’m going to talk a little bit about how you should pick your dog’s crates, dog carriers, and dog beds. So depending on the size your dog will be when full grown, you want to get a crate about that big. Since you’ll have it as a puppy, find one that has crate dividers. The crate should be large enough for the puppy to turn around and sit.

The Play pen should have enough room for your dog to play. In the playpen you can put food and water bowls, toys, and other stuff.

Chew toys are necessary. Find chew toys that fit in your dog mouth. Make sure they aren’t too small so your dog doesn’t swallow the toy, or too big so your dog doesn’t get hurt.

Check with your vet before giving your puppy food. Sometimes breeders will share or give you the food they’ve been feeding your puppy.

For the leash and collar, find an adjustable collar. This is so as the puppy grows, the collar won’t be too tight. The leash should be long enough so the puppy can walk about 4 feet in front of you, or use an adjustable or retractable leash.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post! Please comment! Thanks!

See the source image

One thought on “The Puppy Owner Set Up