Where should I get a puppy?

Hi all! This post is on where you should get a puppy or dog, and the pros and cons about adopting and buying from a breeder. Lets get started!

Adopting:

Adopting is a great way to get a dog! It helps dogs who are looking for forever homes and helps shelters from euthanizing their dogs they are caring for! Here’s some pros and cons about adopting:

Pros:

1. When you adopt, you help a shelter from killing a puppy or dog they can’t keep or can’t care for.
  2. Adopting is much cheaper then buying. Most adoption fee’s cost from $200-$400 dollars.
  3. Even though the dog may not be a purebred, mutts have a mix of feelings which can be a perfect dog for people looking for personality.

Cons:

1. Most shelter dogs may have been through abuse, being abandoned, or cruelty. These sad events can lead to a dog who is aggressive and could hurt the people who adopt her/him. However, people who have owned dogs longer can provide extra love treats and what the dog needs to feel safe and secure and not be aggressive.
  2. Not great for a first timer dog owner. You may have seen a cute puppy pic on the internet and found out that puppy is for adoption. And even though yes its great to adopt, make sure you have advice from the experts. This can prevent you from giving up the puppy if he/she is to hard to handle.

Buying from a breeder:

Pros:

1. You can meet the parents of the puppy and generally know how your dog will be like in the future.
  2. If you are getting it from a reputable breeder, the dog is likely never to show signs of aggression if you treat him/her right.
  3. You can expect what you research about the breed you’re getting.

Cons:

1. Does not help with the shelter issue
  2. Is very expensive

Consider your lifestyle, time, and patience. After thinking about it, you know whether to buy from a breeder or not.

Its okay for what you choose. What you choose is the best decision for you and your family.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this post! I’m doing a series of posts on dog breeds and other posts you guys would like me to do, so please put it in the comments. Also…I have a little surprise which is coming out next week! I’d love to hear from you!

2 thoughts on “Where should I get a puppy?

1. Thank you for listing out the pros and cons of each! Very helpful. I cannot wait to hear your surprise next week!!! 😀